Salient points are:
- Allow for the "human touch" where necessary. That is, have a live chat feature.
- Instead of pushing for the most expensive coverage, promote a list of coverage options (e.g. basic coverage, premium coverage, etc.) with the associated pricing.
- Alternatively, incorporate a name-your-price feature that calculates the equivalent coverage for the premium the customer is prepared to pay.
- Offer discounts during the quotation process!
- Make data entry easier. E.g. entering postal code could pre-populate the address. For existing customers, the application could pre-fill some related information associated with the customer.
- Allow for users to perform partial save in order to continue the quote at a later point in time.