Concepts and interaction between IIS and ASP.NET components can be confusing at times. Relationships amongst IIS application, virtual directory, application pool, application domain are confusing at best. Having researched a bit, I attempted to model the various concepts and their inter-relationships using the following UML class diagram. Concepts in Pink applies strictly to ASP.NET domain. Concepts in Blue are applicable to IIS domain. A point to note is that a VirtualDirectory (VD) can contain other VDs. If a composed/ sub VD is not configured as an Application, the VD is treated as a sub-directory of the composing/ parent Application. As such, all the resources may be shared (e.g. application, session information). If the composed/ sub VD is configured as a separate Application, the resources are not shared (even if the same ApplicationPool is in use!). The reason is that the resources are isolated based on the ApplicationDomain . To deal with request/ session/ DB timeout, the...
Ever had a need to process pages from a website that does not support any form of structural system integration like Web Service, RSS, REST, etc. The only information available is ill-formed HTML; not even XHTML!?I have always been using HTML Agility for the .NET platform to perform such HTML screen-scraping. Recently, found a number of Java equivalent toolkit to do the same: TagSoup JSoup HTML Parser HTML Cleaner NekoHTML Found this site that collects various toolkits for this purpose here .
I originally had a great deal of difficult reconciling the differences amongst ITIL Change Management, Incident Management, and Problem Management. Having researched on the subjects and understanding them better now, I’ve tried to put the concepts together using a UML class diagram to capture my understanding and to keep it imprinted. Similarly, I wanted to differentiate the various categories of changes (Standard, Emergency, Normal) using an easy to understand & self-explanatory manner – a UML Activity Diagram!
Comments